5 Things You Need to Know Today: Jan. 11, 2012
Here are five things to know as you go out throughout your day.
Good morning, Silver Spring! Here are five things to know this Wednesday to help you keep up-to-date about what’s going on in the community:
1. Prepare for a rainy day with temperatures in the mid 40s., according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures are expected to stay in the 40s throughout the evening.
2. The Friendly Visitor program of the Mental Health Association of Montgomery County is seeking caring, nonjudgmental volunteers who are interested in visiting a physically frail, isolated, senior in the Silver Spring area. Reach Carolyn Wanner at 301-424-0656, ext. 507 or email@example.com.
3. The top three cheapest gas prices in your neighborhood come from G & G Service Center located at 9501 Georgia Ave 1blk from I-495 and White Oak Dr (priced at $3.36), 7-Eleven located at 7980 Georgia Ave. and King St. and 650 University Blvd. E near Piney Branch Rd. (priced at $3.29).
4. Haven't signed up for our twitter page (Silvspringpatch) or our facebook page? What are you waiting for? Finding Silver Spring Patch is now even easier to read with community news, local events and business listings at your fingertips. Just click on "follow" twitter and like us on facebook.
5. Coming up in Silver Spring Patch, fun apps for the digitally savvy person to get organized in the new year.