Hazmat Crews Investigate Possible Escaped Vapors Near Home Depot
Fire and rescue crews were dispatched after two canisters of gas fell off of a loading dock.
Hazmat crews from Montgomery County Fire and Rescue were investigating after two canisters of unknown gas fell off of a loading dock in Silver Spring Monday afternoon, near Home Depot on Broadbirch Drive, a spokesperson for the department reports.
Evacuations were not ordered, although some people at nearby businesses and locations were advised to stay away from the containers, said Beth Anne Nesselt, public information officer for Fire and Rescue Services.
Crews were dispatched around 3:25 p.m., Feb. 25, to the 2300 block of Broadbirch Drive, near the intersection of Bournefield Way, as a result of the report of the containers of gas falling off of a loading dock.