Holiday Recipe: Christmas Tree Cakes
This is a fun idea you can get creative with.
Christmas time is drawing near and with the kids soon to be out of school, here is a fun family recipe that everyone can participate in. So bring in Santa's, I mean mommy's little helpers and let's get cooking.
Here is what you will need:
- Christmas Tree Cake tins (available at grocery and hobby stores, and Wal-Mart)
- Icing writers
- Cake batter
- Mixing Bowl
- C0lorful Cereal (Berry Kix, Trix, Fruity Cheerios)
Here are the Directions:
- Mix cake batter, eggs and water per directions on store bought cake mix using wisk and mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven accordingly.
- Fill each cake pan about half way.
- Bake for time appropriate via directions on box.
- Allow cake to cool completely once done baking.
- After cakes have cooled spread over top and sides.
- Use icing writer to create a border around the edges (optional).
- Decorate trees use colorful cereal as ornaments.
- Use sprinkles as a finishing touch (optional).