Howard County police said they charged a Burtonsville man in two reported incidents of indecent exposure at the Mall in Columbia after a mall employee spotted the man exposing himself in the food court on Wednesday night.
Police said the mall employee saw the man, identified as Steven Michael Lerer, 49, of Burtonsville, standing near the food court with a jacket covering his genital area. When the man turned, the employee saw the man fondling himself and exposing his genitals, said police.
The employee reported the man to mall security, who held him until police arrived, police said. Police were then able to identify the man as the person they said was involved in a Jan. 13 incident in which a man followed a group of girls near the food court exposing his genitals. They said they were able to do so based on his jacket and surveillance images.
Lerer was charged with two counts of indecent exposure and released on a $7,500 bond, according to police.
Police said they did not charge Lerer in relation to a Feb. 10 incident at the mall where a man exposed himself to two girls walking near the AMC movie theaters. Detectives are still investigating that case, said police.
See More on Patch
- Naked Shooting Suspect on PCP Climbs Fire Truck in Calverton (Graphic Video)
- Top MD Headlines: Husband in Buried Body Case Convicted, Radio Host Ditches Motorcycle, Governor's Football Diplomacy
- Police Chase Through White Oak Ends With Carjacking, Injures Drivers and Officers
- Top Maryland Headlines: MD on Gun Control, Marijuana Toke or Joke?, Fatal Fire
- Man Jumps To Escape Burtonsville House Fire
Most Popular articles
- Scion Restaurant Opens in Silver Spring
- Can Silver Spring Nightlife Compete with Hanging in DC?
- 1 Dead, 1 Seriously Injured in Parking Garage Collapse at Bethesda Mall
- Foodie News: 90-Year-Old Restaurant Closes, List Announced for Hometown Holidays
- Police Find Radio Shack Robbery Suspect Inside Taxi