Police Search for Three Stolen Vehicles: East County Crime Roundup
The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Three vehicles were stolen in East Montgomery late last month, according to a crime summary from Montgomery County Police’s 3rd District.
The crimes occurred in White Oak and Calverton:
- Monday, March 26 to Tuesday, March 27: A silver ’06 Nissan Xterra was stolen from the 11200 block of Lockwood Drive.
- Tuesday, March 27, between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m.: A red ’07 Lexus 250 was stolen from the Lexus of Silver Spring at 2505 Prosperity Drive. The vehicle may have been left for repairs.
- Wednesday, March 28, between 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.: A silver ’07 Honda Civic was stolen from the 11200 block of New Hampshire Avenue.
Police are also investigating several other crimes that occurred in East County.
- Cannon Road Elementary's new building was defaced sometime between 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 28 and 7 a.m. on Thursday, March 29. Police offer no further details.
- An adult female was almost the victim of a purse snatching on Tuesday, April 10 at 9:05 p.m. The victim was approached in the 13500 block of Greencastle Ridge Terrace by a suspect (a detailed description was not given) who sprayed her with an unknown substance and grabbed her purse. A neighbor yelled out to the suspect after hearing the suspect scream. The suspect ran away.
- A 13-year-old boy was the victim of a strong-arm robbery on Sunday, April 1 at 11:12 p.m. He was riding his bike near Outlet Drive and Castle Boulevard when suspects, two males, pushed him into a wall and took his bike. Detailed descriptions of the suspects were not given.
- An apartment rental office at 13826 Castle Boulevard was burgled on Monday, March 26 between 7:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Cash was removed from a purse in the cabinet after the door lock was pried.
- A construction trailer was burglarized in Cloverly, near Good Hope Road and Briggs Chaney Road, sometime between Thursday, March 29 at 3:15 p.m. and Friday, March 30 at 6:16 a.m. Entry was forced and property was taken.
- Thieves broke into the Kia of Silver Spring, located at 3221 Automobile Boulevard, on Saturday, March 31 at 1:39 a.m. Police said a side window was broken and two officers were ransacked, but nothing was stolen. The safe was opened and there was an attempt to open the cabinet that contained new tags and registration stickers.
- Golden China, at 12719 Old Columbia Pike, was broken into on Friday, March 30 between 6 and 6:15 a.m. Video surveillance caught the suspect entering through a roof duct and taking cash and coins the register and tip jar. This business was also burglarized on March 25 by a different suspect.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.
This crime data was released on April 12 and April 13. Data is received from both the 3rd and 4th police districts of Montgomery County and reflects a tracking period of up to two weeks prior.