Things to Know Wednesday, Nov. 23: Thanksgiving Countdown
Tidbits to get you through the day.
1) One more rainy morning, but hold on... today's National Weather Service forecast calls for scattered morning showers with a slight chance of thunderstorms, but skies should begin to clear by afternoon. Highs will in the lower 60s with gusty northwest winds later. Tonight will clearing--but cold--with lows in the 30s.
2) The Thanksgiving clock is ticking--will your dinner be ready in time? If not, some Colesville area restaurants and bakeries are open for a last-minute rescue. Find out where to pick up turkey, trimmings and dessert (as late as early Thanksgiving day)--or to even dine out on Thanksgiving--in today's Bites Nearby column, coming up later this morning.
3) Winter's not yet here, but WSSC is already 'digging in' to head off cold weather water and sewer line breaks later. The Montgomery and Prince George's County water provider is replacing aging water mains in a race against time. Catch the story here if you missed it.
4) Thanksgiving week gas price watch: It's a tie for today's lowest area gas prices, with Liberty gas station, 13330 Old Columbia Pike and Sunoco at 12040 Cherry Hill Rd. both selling regular for $3.329/gallon. On this date last year gas prices were averaging $2.901/gallon (all according to AAA).
3) A (practically) stress-free Thanksgiving: Hosting the big dinner at your place? Relax, we’ve got some tips that may help!
Related Topics: Things to know