Where to Watch Super Bowl XLVII in Silver Spring
Many bars and restaurants will show the Ravens-49ers game and feature food and drink specials.
There's a very legitimate debate going on about whether DC-area football fans should support our local rival and just-up-I-95 neighbors, the Baltimore Ravens, when they take on the San Francisco 49ers this Sunday.
Wherever you stand and whichever team you'll root for, you're going to need hot wings and beer to do it.
Here's where to go in Silver Spring:
McGinty's Public House: Expect $15 buckets of Bud Light, $4 beer-shot concoctions and some as-yet-to-be-determined food specials. You can watch the game on the flat screens downstairs, or on a big projector-style screen upstairs.
Austin Grill: They've got a 6-foot projection screen TV all ready to be shouted at on Sunday. For drinks, Miller Lights and Shiner Bock are $3, classic margaritas are $5. Wings, taquitos andquesadillas are all $5.
If you're up for trekking somewhere outside of Silver Spring:
- Stained Glass Pub in Glenmont will show the game with a regular drink specials.
- The 4 Corners Pub, formerly the Corner Pub, in Wheaton will offer draught pints for $2.25, $10 pitchers of Bud, Bud Light and Miller Light, $10.99 beer buckets, half price wings and more.
- The popular Bethesda restaurant Caddie's On Cordell will offer $8 Miller Lite pitchers, $12 Blue Moon pitchers and $14 buckets of Bud Light/Miller Light/Bud/Coors Light. You can watch on the big screen or on a personal screen in a booth.
- American Tap Room will extend its work week happy hour through Sunday, as well as offer “tailgate” take-out specials. For more information, check out the restaurant’s website here.
- BlackFinn Restaurant & Saloon in Bethesda will be showing the game and running normal Sunday football specials.
- For $50, you can watch the game at Miller's Ale House and enjoy all you can eat and drink. The buffet will feature crab legs, carving station, wings, salads, desserts and more, and beer, liquor (excluding ultra liquors and shots and bottles of wine). Limited spaces are available, and you can select your own table and seat by visiting Miller's.
- Rockville’s Buffalo Wild Wings is an obvious choice to watch the game, but you could also check out two local businesses: Outta The Way Café, featuring $16 buckets and $7.95 pitchers of Yuengling and Bud, or Jonathan’s Sports Pub, featuring $2 draughts and happy hour priced appetizers. Check out some past recommendations for Superbowl Sunday on Rockville Patch here.
- Hard Times Cafe, famous for their chili, will offer $10 select domestic pitchers, a complimentary Chili Dog buffet from 6-9 p.m. and other specials throughout the day.
- Buffalo Wings & Beer is offering multiple dine-in specials, including beer buckets and pitchers, wings, pizza and more. Drink promotions will continue throughout the game with freebees for customers. For more information, check out the store’s event posting on Germantown Patch.