Invite a friend
Medical Museum Science Café: The Embroidered Body
Join Brooklyn-based artist Megan Canning for a discussion about using embroidery and soft sculpture to illustrate the intricacies of the human form. Inspired by neuroscience, early medical illustrations, contemporary poetry and traditional textiles, Canning's work explores the relationship between the human body and emotional and sensual memory. Canning will describe her research process and talk about the way medical illustration has evolved over time. Presented by the National Museum of Health and Medicine.
|Where||Silver Spring Civic Building One Veterans Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:00 pm–7:00 pm|
More About Silver Spring Civic Building
The Silver Spring Civic Building is part of a multi-project effort by Montgomery County to redevelop the Silver Spring Central Business District from a retail-oriented perspective.
This building serves as a community meeting space and office space for the Silver Spring Regional Services Center staff, in addition to serving as a community center for activities and events in the downtown area. To inquire about renting space in the Civic building, call the office.
Other events here
- Medical Museum Science Café: "King of Poisons: A History of Arsenic" Tue, May 28, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- SILVER SPRING CITIZENS ADVISORY BOARD COMMITTEE MEETINGS Monthly, 7:30 pm
- NCCF's 11th Annual Art & Soul Charity Auction Fri, Jun 7, 7:00 pm–11:00 pm
- SILVER SPRING CITIZENS ADVISORY BOARD MEETING Monthly, 7:00 pm
- Camp Shakespeare Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm