Whether you're the type to deck your house the second the Halloween decorations come down or you're a little ho-hum during the holiday season, this weekend is chock full of activities right here in Silver Spring, or nearby, to get you in the spirit.
Silver Spring Stage Presents "A Christmas Carol"
- Where: Silver Spring Stage, 10145 Colesville Road
- When: Friday, Dec. 7 at 8 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 8 at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 9 at 2 p.m.
- Description:Silver Spring's hour-long tale of Ebeneezer Scrooge was adapted by Michael Hardwick, directed and co-produced by Pauline Griller-Mitchell and co-produced by Natalie McManus, who also narrates the play.
- Cost:Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for children
- Where: 6125 Montrose Road, Rockville
- When: Saturday, Dec. 8 at 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Cost: Free
- Where:National Capital Trolley Museum, 1313 Bonifant Rd, Colesville
- When: Saturday, December 8, 2012, 12p.m.
- Description: Visitors are invited to explore the museum decorated in holiday décor.
- Cost: $5
- Where: Fitzgerald Theatre, F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre, 603 Edmonston Dr., Rockville
- When: Saturday, Dec. 8, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 9, 2 p.m.
- Description: Rockville Civic Ballet presents the holiday classic, The Nutcracker.
- Cost: $12-16
- Where: 1607 Grace Church Rd, Silver Spring
- When: Saturday, Dec. 8, 9 a.m.
- Description: Grace Episcopal Church holds their annual Christmas Bazaar. Crafts, jewelry, books, baked goods and more. Lunch available. Proceeds support the church’s ministries, including outreach and music programs.
- Cost: Free
- Where: 9900 Stoneybrook Drive, Kensington
- When: Saturday, Nov. 30 – Saturday, Jan. 1, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Description: More than 600,000 lights. International crèche exhibit, 18 indoor decorated trees, outdoor life-sized nativity, and live performances nightly.
- Cost: Free
- Where: On the Ellipse of the White House
- When: Sunday, Dec. 9 at 4 p.m.
- Description: The event will feature the US Navy Band, hot latkes and donuts plus menorah kits and driedels.
- Cost: Tickets are required and a processing fee may apply.
Garden of Lights - Winter Walk-through Holiday Light Display
- Where: Brookside Gardens, 1800 Glenallan Ave, Silver Spring
- When: Sunday through Thursday 5:30-9:00pm, Friday and Saturday 5:30-10:00pm and on New Year’s Eve until 9:00pm.
- Description: 16th annual holiday light display. Nightly musical performances by local musicians as well as refreshments and shopping.
- Cost: $25.00