For some urban Montgomery Countyians, there are a million and one reasons why you don't need a car. Then there are those times when you absolutely wish you had one.
Car share businesses can provide a set of wheels without the responsibility of ownership.
Art Holmes, director of the department, said car sharing is good for the earth and your wallet.
“Car sharing protects the environment while enhancing our smart growth and sustainable transportation initiatives—and does so in a cost-effective way,” he said in a statement.
The new locations will be marked with prominent signage. Find them here:
- Metropolitan Garage, 7601 Woodmont Avenue, Bethesda
- Bethesda Avenue between Woodmont Avenue and Arlington Road, Bethesda
- Cordell Avenue between Woodmont Avenue and Norfolk Avenue, Bethesda
- Ellsworth Drive between Fenton Street and Veterans Place, Silver Spring
- Fenton Street between Colesville Road and Cameron Street, Silver Spring
- Cameron Street between Georgia Avenue and Fenton Street, Silver Spring
- Wheaton Market Place Lot, 11219 Grandview Avenue, Wheaton
- Parking Lot, Seminary Road and Sutton Place, 1920 Seminary Road, Montgomery Hills
- Executive Boulevard between Rockville Pike and Woodglen Drive, North Bethesda
Hertz On Demand
- Metropolitan Garage, 7601 Woodmont Avenue Bethesda
- Middleton Lane Parking Lot, 4538 Middleton Lane, Bethesda
- Bonifant/Dixon Garage, Silver Spring
- Fenton Street between Wayne Avenue and Ellsworth Drive, Silver Spring
Do you use car share businesses? How do you like it?