The Safeway located in Four Corners is getting a facelift as part of the renovations that have been taking place company wide for the past seven years, according to Craig Muckle, manager of public affairs for Safeway.
Currently, the store is being "reset" which started Sunday, Aug. 7. This is when all of the food products in the store are being moved around in preparation for the renovations, he said.
Typically this is the last step, but in order for the process to go smoother Muckle added that the company decided to reset the products first.
Many of the changes will include:
- Softening the light in the store and using more vibrant colors.
- Installing new cases in the produce department.
- Installing additional bread shelves to accommodate Safeway's own fresh bread or bread supplied by vendors.
- Adding a service deli department to give customers the ability make sandwiches and take home refrigerated pizzas.
- Updating the floral department with home good items.
Renovations should be complete around the first week in November, according to Muckle.