Spring is here and your wondering, what should I plant in my yard this year?
As you start on your gardening journey don't feel like you are alone. Throughout Montgomery County there are plenty of master gardeners who can answer your questions without batting an eyelid.
Walk-in Plant Clinics in Montgomery County:
- Silver Spring: FRESHFARM Market, Ellsworth Dr., between Georgia Avenue and Fenton Street, April-Oct., Third Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wheaton: Brookside Gardens, 1800 Glenallan Ave., year-round, Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Sunday 1 p.m. to 4 p.m; April-Oct., Wednesday and Thursday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Bethesda: Davis Library, 6400 Democracy Blvd.; April-Sept. on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Bethesda: FRESHFARM Market, Norfolk Ave., between Fairmont and St. Elmo Avenues.; May-Oct.; They are available the first Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Chevy Chase: Audubon Naturalist Society, 8940 Jones Mill Rd., April-Sept., Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Derwood Extension Office: 18410 Muncaster Rd., Ballard Rm: March- Nov., Monday and Friday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m ; Demo Garden: April-Oct., Tuesday 8 a.m. to noon
- Gaithersburg/Darnestown: Quince Orchard Library, 15831 Quince Orchard Rd., May-Sept., Saturday. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Germantown: Germantown Library, 19840 Century Blvd., May-Sept., Wednesday, 6:15 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
- Olney: Farmers Market, Rt. 108 & Prince Philip Dr., May-Sept., Sunday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (beginning Sunday, May 13)
- Poolesville: Poolesville Library, 19633 Fisher Ave., May-Sept., Wednesday 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Rockville: Twinbrook Library, 202 Meadow Hall Dr., Apr.-Sept., first and third Saturday., 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.