.

Bee Stings Send 12 Toddlers to Hospital

The kids were stung during a fire drill.

 

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue (MCFR) were dispatched to  after 12 2-year-olds were stung by bees during a fire drill.

The temple is located at 10101 Connecticut Ave. in Kensington.

A tweet from MCFR Monday around 10:31 a.m. stated that 12 toddlers endured “multiple bee stings during a fire drill.”

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesman Assistant Chief Scott Graham says there weren’t any major injuries and that the kids were transported to an area hospital out of precaution.

Officials at Temple Emmanuel had no comment.

Michelle Byars Gray September 10, 2012 at 05:50 PM
Why would MCFR need/want to Tweet something like that?
Tamika Smith September 10, 2012 at 06:36 PM
In addition to responding to fires, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue department is responsible for dispatching emergency medical vehicles.
Margaret Go September 10, 2012 at 06:46 PM
Poor babies! Hope they're all okay.
Bill Hussein O'Stalin September 12, 2012 at 03:20 PM
Those are probably ground bees. They swarm. Since school was closed for the summer someone should have inspected the grounds for ground bees before the alarm. They are not that hard to get rid of but they are vicious. I mowed over a nest one time and had to squirt myself with a hose to get rid of them.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »