Two Silver Spring residents have been driven out of their home by a fire, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesman Capt. Oscar Garcia.
About 8:45 p.m. Thursday evening, firefighters were dispatched to the 200 block of Lexington Drive, Garcia said. When they arrived, they discovered a fire in the second floor bedroom.
“Fire investigators have determined the fire to be accidental in nature and electrical. They believe a wall outlet malfunctioned and ignited the bed,” Garcia added.
Damage to the structure has been placed at $10,000.