Here are the closures as of 2:15 p.m.:
- I-95 south has one lane closed due to deep water before I-195.
- MD Route 543 in Harford County is closed at Heaps Road for a single-vehicle collision.
- Stevenson Road in Baltimore County has high water near Stevenson Village.
- MD Route 109 in Montgomery County is closed before Thurston Road for debris in road.
- Compromise Street, Dock Street and Newman Street in Annapolis are closed, although Eastport bridge is open to downtown Annapolis.
- Sligo Creek Parkway from Maple Avenue to Piney Branch Road in Montgomery County.
- Beach Drive from Connecticut Avenue to Old Spring, and from the D.C. line to East West Highway in Montgomery County.
- Brock Bridge Road at the Prince George’s/Anne Arundel County line.
- Contee Road at Mayfair Road in Laurel.
- Governors Bridge Road on both the Prince George’s County and Anne Arundel County sides.
- Penn Line service was temporarily suspended due to police activity in the area between Washington and New Carrollton. A person was hit by a train and killed near the Cheverly metro station around 2:30 p.m., according to The Washington Post. The Maryland Transit Administration said Washington Metrorail was honoring MARC tickets.
- A mudslide occurred on track two in Baltimore, causing Penn Line delays.
- Service on the Brunswick Line is suspended due to down trees.
- MARC trains on the Penn line were running 20 to 50 minutes late due to weather-related issues in Baltimore.
- Millbrook Elementary School in Pikesville is closed due to a power outage.
- The baseball regional finals in Howard County between Reservoir and Mount Hebron were postponed until 3 p.m. on Saturday at Mount Hebron.
- The regional championship involving Havre de Grace and Cambridge will take place at 3 p.m. on Saturday at Stancill Field.
- All athletic fields in Montgomery Parks are closed today, with the exception of Blair High School Field #3. Call 301-765-8787 for updates.
- At one point this morning, over 3,000 Pepco customers were without power in Montgomery County following the heavy rains overnight. Pepco Spokesperson Bob Hainey said crews were working to quickly restore the power but he did not have specific information about what caused the outages or when the electricity would be restored. You can keep up with the latest on outages by visiting Pepco’s website.
A Pepco worker who was shocked and seriously burned while restoring electricity in Rockville, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue says.Pepco says the accident happened on Academy Way in Rockville around 1 a.m. Friday.
- More than 600 BGE customers were without power as of 10 a.m.
- Lake Needwood Boats in Montgomery County are closed May 16 through May 18. Call 301-563-7540 for updates.
- The Pennyfield boat ramp and parking lot in Montgomery County is closed May 16.