The Maryland Insurance Administration will offer a variety of consumer materials on all types of insurance products from annuities to title insurance and health, auto and homeowners insurance. Trained staff will be available in Montgomery County in May to answer consumer questions at the following locations:
- May 5, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at the City of Gaithersburg 6th Annual Active Aging Expo, Activity Center at Bohrer Park, 506 S. Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD.
- May 10, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at the Holy Cross Hospital’s Annual Women’s Health Event, Holy Cross Hospital, 1500 Forest Glen Road, Silver Spring, MD.
- May 12, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. 2014 50-Plus Expo, Bethesda North Marriott Conference Center, 5701 Marinelli Road, North Bethesda, MD.
- May 13, 1:30 p.m.-5 p.m. at the Montgomery County Dept. of Correction and Rehabilitation Pre-Release and Re-entry Services, 1651 Nebel Street, Rockville, MD.
- May 17, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at the Gaithersburg Book Festival, City Hall Grounds, 31 S. Summit Ave., Gaithersburg, MD.
“A key aspect of the Maryland Insurance Administration’s mission involves educating the citizens of our state about the choices available to them as consumers of insurance products,” says Therese M. Goldsmith, Maryland Insurance Commissioner. “The more informed consumers are, the better equipped they are to make purchasing decisions that are right for them.”
A schedule of agency outreach activities and consumer materials is available online, www.mdinsurance.state.md.us, as well as by request and at various community events. Follow the Maryland Insurance Administration on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MDInsuranceAdmin.