Here's what happened in the towns around you over the last 24 hours. Brought to you by our team of editors, reporters, photographers and videographers.
- : According to police, Crime Solvers of Montgomery County has received over 40 anonymous tips in relation to the murder and sexual assaults at the Lululemon store last Friday.
- : The federal government announced it will sign a 15-year lease to house 3,000 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services employees at the Parklawn Building in Rockville.
- : Watkins Mill High School raised money for tsunami relief efforts during its annual staff vs. students basketball game.
- : Congress is investigating allegations made by Sulaimon Brown that D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray paid him to attack former Mayor Adrian Fenty during last year's campaign.
- : Assistant Fire Chief Scott Graham said that a pipe bomb caused an explosion at 9214 Inglewood Dr. on Wednesday night. The pipe bomb was placed on the window sill of the house and detonated, he added.