If you’re planning on going to the tournament, here’s the weather forecast from The Weather Channel:
- Thursday, June 26: Day one of the tournament is looking warm and mostly sunny with a high of 87 degrees and low of 69 with a 20 percent chance of rain.
- Friday, June 27: Day two is also forecasted to be mostly sunny with a high of 87 degrees and a 20 percent chance of rain.
- Saturday, June 28: Spectators and players can expect some more clouds heading into the weekend. Saturday will be partly cloudy with a high of 85 degrees and a lingering 20 percent chance of rain.
- Sunday, June 29: Bring your umbrellas! But only ones without sleeves -- or leave the sleeves at home. Umbrella sleeves will not be permitted on the course. The final day of competition is forecasted to have some isolated thunderstorms. The high will be 83 degrees with rain chances at 30 percent.
This is the eighth year of the Quicken Loans National and the sixth time it has been held at Congressional, Patch previously reported. The tournament raises money for the college-access programs of the Tiger Woods Foundation, local charities and supports the United States military.
Woods has been sidelined since back surgery nearly three months ago for a pinched nerve.
Details on all ticket options are available at www.QLNational.com.
For those attending the tournament, parking at the Quicken Loans National is first come, first serve and subject to availability -- except for those who purchase passes ahead of time. Drivers must only use official tournament parking and shuttle lots. No general admission parking will be available close to the course. Shuttles from designated parking lots depart roughly every 15 minutes.
Parking locations are:
- Montgomery County Fairgrounds: The lot is open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. A shuttle will be available to transport people from the lot to Congressional. Passes are $7 for one day only -- Thursday or Friday.
- Rock Springs Parking Lot: The lot is open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Friday and 7. a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Passes include parking and shuttle transportation -- $15 for a single day or $55 for the weekly pass.
- VIP Preferred Parking Lot: The lot is adjacent to the main entrance of Congressional -- no shuttle needed, just walk on over to the tournament -- and is open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday to Friday and 7. a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Prices vary for each day.
Public transportation options are:
- T2 bus from Friendship Heights and Rockville. On Saturday, June 29 and Sunday, June 30, the bus will run every 15 minutes from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and every 30 minutes from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Regular fares apply.
- Bus 36 from Bethesda -- no Saturday or Sunday service. Use the stops at the end of the route on Bradley Blvd. at the Connelly School.
Parking passes can be purchased online.
- Security checks are being done for all passengers prior to boarding shuttles. Don’t bring any bags larger than 6x6x6. No bags larger than this will be permitted into the tournament.
- No public drop-offs or pickups are allowed around the main entrance of Congressional on River Road. For those getting dropped off or picked up, use the taxi, limousine or private vehicle drop-off near the entrance on Persimmon Tree Lane. No parking or standing is allowed, so coordinate times accordingly.
- Pedestrians walking along Bradley may only cross at marked crosswalks. Watch for oncoming traffic! There’s bound to be plenty of cars moving through the area.
- The only authorized exit from Congressional grounds is through the main entrance on Persimmon Tree Lane.
- Bikers are welcome to park and lockup at the bike racks available at the main entrance.
- No backpacks, beepers, beverage containers, coolers, firearms, folding stools without bags, ladders, large camera bags, periscopes, picnic baskets, radios, signs, televisions or video cameras are allowed. All items brought to the tournament are subject to search.