Red Line trains will operate as follows:
- Between Shady Grove and Woodley Park every 10 minutes during daytime hours and every 15 to 20 minutes at other times.
- Between Glenmont and Metro Center every 15 minutes.
- Additional trains will run between Silver Spring and Union Station every eight minutes from 9 a.m .to 9 p.m.
Farragut North and Dupont Circle stations will be closed on Saturday and Sunday, and after 10 p.m. on Friday. At Gallery Place, all Red Line trains will board from the Glenmont platform.
Both express and local shuttle buses will run between Woodley Park and Metro Center:
- Express Buses will operate non-stop between Woodley Park and Metro Center. Add 20 minutes of travel time.
- Local Buses will operate between Woodley Park and Metro Center, making intermediate stops at Dupont Circle and Farragut North. Please allow 10 minutes of travel time for each station stop.
Work performed will include "improvements to infrastructure including third rail replacement, rail joint elimination, grout pad replacement and leak mitigation," Metro reported.
The last Red Line train of the night from Shady Grove to Woodley Park will depart 37 minutes earlier than normal to allow for shuttle bus connections. On Friday and Saturday nights, the last train will leave Shady Grove at 1:53 a.m., and on Sunday, the last train will leave Glenmont at 10:53 p.m., Metro reported.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
On Martin Luther King Jr. Day—Monday, Jan. 20—Metrorail will open at 5 a.m. and close at midnight. Trains will operate on a Saturday schedule on all lines, and no scheduled track work will take place, Metro reported on its website.
Parking at all Metro-owned lots and garages is free on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Metro added.