Seventh Annual Taste of Friendship Heights
- Where: Friendship Heights Village Center, 4433 S. Park Ave., Chevy Chase.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 28, noon to 5 p.m.
- Price: Purchase four food and drink tickets for $5. No food or drink item will cost more than three or four tickets. A portion of the event's proceeds will be donated to the Community Council for the Homeless at Friendship Place.
- Description: Sample foods from Friendship Heights restaurants—Mi Cocina, Clyde's, Indique Heights, Lia’s, Maggiano’s, Rosa Mexicano, P.F. Chang’s, Alfio’s, Whole Foods, Frosting Cupcakery, Potomac Pizza, Courtyard Marriott and Sunrise Brighton Gardens. There also will be entertainment.
- Where: Freedom Plaza, Washington, DC, at Pennsylvania Avenue NW between 12th and 14th streets NW.
- When: Sunday, Sept. 29, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Price: Free entertainment. Vendors will be selling Turkish foods, crafts, gifts, jewelry, etc.
- Description: Take in the smells and sounds of Turkey at the annual Turkish Festival in downtown DC. Try Turkish foods from a variety of restaurant vendors, sip Turkish coffee, browse the Turkish bazaar, learn about travel in Turkey and enjoy performances of Turkish music and dance.
5K Oktoberfest Run and Fun Run
- Where: German School of Washington, DC, 8617 Chateau Dr., Potomac.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 28, 9 a.m.
- Price: Varies. See website for details.
- Description: The event starts off with a 5K run followed by a 1K fun run for children. After the runs, enjoy a traditional Oktoberfest celebration with an authentic German biergarten atmosphere. Wheelchairs are more than welcome, and strollers and dogs are allowed on the certified course. There also will be a silent auction.
- Where: Candy Cane City, 7901 Meadowbrook Ln., Chevy Chase.
- When: Sunday, Sept. 29, 9 a.m.
- Price: Varies. Register at www.ELLENSRUNONLINE.org.
- Description: Choose from a 5K run or a 3K walk, and enjoy brunch after your event. Ellen's Run is a community event for fun, for exercise and to raise funds for the Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School Community Scholarship Fund (providing funds for "last dollar" scholarships for students to attend college) and the Mental Health Association of Montgomery County, in memory of community activist Ellen V. Schneider. All ages are welcome, and babies in strollers and dogs on leashes are welcome to join the walk. There will be prizes for winning runners.
Find more events near you in our events calendar.
Is your organization, committee, house of worship, business, performance group, team, etc. holding an event soon? Add it to the calendar today!