Silver Spring Presbyterian Church
Founded in 1953, the Silver Spring Presbyterian Church (SSPC) offers members of the community a place to worship - in a unique "in the round" setting.
Pastor Reverend Dr J. Currie Burris believes that this type of layout offers the congregation a more communal experience - that by seeing each other, people can truly worship with each other.
Sunday school, a nursery, and vocal and bell choirs round out the Sunday experience.
SSPC is a proud member of Morelight Presbyterians, a national coalition of churches that welcome gay, lesbian, bi-sexual and trangendered worshipers.
The church also participates in congregational, community, national and international missions.
- Hours: Services are on Sundays at 8am and 10:45am, Sunday School at 9:30am.
- Handicap Accessible: Door is at street level.
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1953
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Presbyterian
- Congregation size: 200
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs